How do I verify my store with Google Webmaster Tools?
If you wish to use Google Webmaster Tools to monitor your store's health and traffic, you must first verify that you are the owner of the store. There are a few different methods available to do this, however, we will be using the “Google Analytics” method.
Before you can do this, you must have a Google Analytics account and have added your website there. Follow this other guide on how to set up a Google Analytics account: https://freshlabs.link/how-to-create-a-google-analytics-account
Now you can start the Google Webmaster verification process.
1. Go to https://search.google.com/search-console/welcome?hl=en and choose the URL prefix.
2. Enter the URL of your store and press continue. The site will then verify the ownership.
3. Once done, it should show this message:
4. Click Go to Property
5. If you go to Settings >> Ownership Verification, it should that it's verified via Google Analytics.
6. Now if you wish to add more stores, go back to https://analytics.google.com/ and click on Admin.
7. On the Property column, click "+ Create Property"
8. Choose the Web option and click on "Continue"
9. Set up the needed information on the next page then click "Create"
10. The next page will show you the Tracking ID and the Global Site Tag (gtag.js)
11. Now you have 2 options. To add the Global site tag in the store's header by going to Settings >> Store Settings >> Custom CSS and Scripts (Right Side) or by going to Reports >> Google Analytics and clicking Authenticate.
11.1. Using the Global Tag:
11.2. Via Google Analytics Authentication:
11.2.a. Click Allow
11.2.b. Get the Auth code on the next page:
11.2.c. Paste in the Auth page and click on Submit
11.2.d. Click on the drop-down and choose the name of the store
11.2.e. The Active profile number should match with what you have in your Google Analytics account