The Fresh Store "Go Live" Checklist
Before you go live with your store take a look at this important checklist.
What is a "Go Live" checklist?
If you want to get your store off to a good start, make sure everything is ready before you launch. The search engines will appreciate a finished site and your visitors will remember if some things aren’t ready.
The following is a recommended guide to follow before launching.
Before Going Live…
- Test Amazon and eBay – Make sure your affiliate links are using your tracking tag for Amazon, eBay and any other affiliate links you have setup
- Google Analytics – Add your Google Analytics code into the parameters section of your store, to track your traffic
- Google Search Central - Register your store with Google Search Central to see google rankings information
- Category Content – Ensure at least some of your categories has unique content
- Articles and Pages – We recommend at least two good quality, unique articles on your store before you launch.
- Product Content – Add some unique content to your best products before you launch, in order to get good initial search engine results for them.
- Homepage Content – Ensure your homepage has some unique content about your store, what products you are offering etc.
…. and that is it! Of course, do make sure you run through the site yourself and check that everything is working before you launch.