Setting up your Amazon Affiliate Account
This guide will show you how to set up your Amazon affiliate account so you can start making commissions with your Fresh Stores.
Your Amazon Affiliate account will be opened and ready to make sales as soon as you complete the registration. After you make 3 sales, Amazon will then fully approve your account by checking your account details and your website.
You do not need to apply for Amazon API Keys as they are already built into Fresh Store.
Amazon Affiliate Account Video
This video will show you how to create an Amazon Affiliate account from start to finish.
Alternatively, you can follow the rest of the instructions on this page.
Opening Your Amazon Affiliate Account
In order to apply for an Amazon Affiliate account, you will need a website that you can use with your submission to Amazon. This can be a Fresh Store or any other website you currently have.
Once you have a website, go to the Amazon Affiliate website for your local, e.g. https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/ and click join now/sign up.
You must then sign in with your normal Amazon account.
Once you have signed in, follow the steps to create your account.
The first page asks who payments should be made to – ensure these details are correct and click next.
On the next page, enter the URL of your website, click Add
You must then tick the box to say you confirm that your site is not aimed at children under 13, then click Next.
The next page contains details about your site.
First of all, you can choose your preferred affiliate tag- this is the tag you will use in URL’s to earn commission, so choose something relevant to your store, for example my store was selling Board Games, so i entered boardgames in the preferred tag.
You must then fill in the other boxes, giving details of what your website is about, choosing a primary and secondary topic your website falls under, and selecting the relevant tick boxes to show what kind of items you will be listing.
You must also select a type – i selected content and niche as my store has a blog attached to it.
There are a few more questions about your site – i will not go into too much detail about these as they are fairly self explanatory. Once you have filled in this page, click Next.
You must then read Amazons terms and conditions and tick the box to say that you agree to them, then click Finish.
On the next page you will be given your associates ID, this is a variation of the preferred tag you specified before and you will need to enter this into your store.
What to do if your Amazon Associates application is rejected?
Don't panic! It's easy to solve :)
Sometimes, when applying for an amazon affiliate account your application will get rejected. This is usually due to lack of content, if this happens to you, don’t panic. You can re-apply, however instead of specifying your Fresh Store, we are going to create a WordPress site and use this in our application.
If you are planning on having a blog on your site with lots of content, you could use this for your application, however an alternative is to create an account at WordPress.com.
Just perform the following steps:
1) Head over to your Fresh Cloud account and go to https://my.freshcloud.pro/website/create/wordpress to create a blog.
2) Choose the domain or sub domain you want to use and let the system create the blog
3) Login to your blog and customize your settings or keep everything as is
4) Go to https://chat.openai.com/chat
5) Ask the AI to write a 400 word article based on your niche and domain. Article ideas:
- The history of the niche (e.g. “The history of Yoga”)
- Product buying guides (e.g. “How to choose the best yoga mat oven”)
- Maintenance guides (e.g. “How to take care of your yoga mat”)
- The best products (e.g. “The top five yoga pants”)
6) Make sure to have at least three short blog posts ready for to paste in your blog.
7) In your blog you will see the Hello World blog post on the right – this is a sample post which we can delete, so click Trash.
8) You are now ready to start adding content to your blog site.
9) Copy the article that your AI wrote and paste it in your blog post. Make sure to have a title, meta description and keywords ready for each article. (The AI can also do this for you!)
10) Add a post details and image. Make sure the image you use for your posts comes from royalty free websites such as https://pixabay.com/.
We have now published our first blog, but before you submit this to Amazon you should publish a few more.
When you have posted a few blog entries, you can now re-apply to join the Amazon affiliate program. Follow the steps that you previously followed however enter your WordPress URL instead of your Fresh Store.