What Makes a Successful Fresh Store?
Before we start with niche research, it is a good idea to think about what makes a successful affiliate website.
Here are some strategies we use to decide on what kind of website we want to create. In later guides, we will go into more details on these topics.
1) Brainstorm some ideas
- Your interests- By choosing a niche you are passionate about, you are more willing to work on that store. It will also be easier for you to write content on a subject that you know a lot about.
- Current trends- You can also choose to create a store based on the current trends, whether it's a new toy, fashion trend, or technology.
- Browse Amazon- Another great place to get inspired is Amazon. You can easily browse their new categories, gift ideas section, and suggestions they have for you based on your shopping history.
2) Find a purpose for your website
What will your website do to help people? How will your site make the lives of shoppers easier and more convenient? Are you going to:
- Have well-researched articles to answer their questions?
- Publish content with the information they need and are looking for?
- Maintain a social page to help and inspire people in this niche?
- Offer a recommendation list for different customers/needs?
- Create videos and personal reviews?
- How will you guide them to make the right purchase for their needs?
3) Research the competition
You might already have a niche in mind but before you buy a domain and get started, do more research. A great way to do this is by searching the niche or specific keywords in your browser. (Example: Put in "Best cupcake pans" in your browser to see some front page results.) By checking out the various results, you will be able to determine what makes the site good and what you can do to make it even better. Some questions to ask yourself include:
- Can I do better? Can I do it differently?
- Are they helping beginners? Are they too simple for experienced people in that niche?
- Are there gaps in the market?
- What can I do differently?
4) What will it take to get some success?
Creating a store is the beginning of your journey, but what will you do next? A successful store means that you will:
- Add unique content
- Update the content often
- Add specific products
- Offer helpful information/guides
When creating a site think about your own experience; what do you wish to find out when you search for a topic.
5) Build it out quickly!
When building out a store you want to create it quickly. Once you have your niche, you should be able to add specific products and content. Your site can be done in a matter of hours and can go live while you still go on adding content and adding more details. Do not allow little things such as a banner or store logo to stop you from launching your store. You can always upload them later or even change them up for specific holidays or special events. You want to be able to launch the store and get traffic out as soon as possible. You can promote your site on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms while still working and adding new content and information to your website.